Both Yahoo Messenger and Skype are very common and both have had recent releases of new versions. Also, both offer text chat and voice and video calls. But can Yahoo stand as a serious Skype alternative for voice and video communication? Do you prefer Yahoo or Skype? Which one is best for which use? Share your views and opinions. Share Your Views
Skype Bad Yahoo Good
- Skype is great for phone calls but as a video tool the quality is very poor. Same bandwidth and latency, I get constant pixelation/blurred images with Skype but it is fairly clear with Yahoo (Microsoft Messenger was much better than skype for a 1:1 video call). I wish that Skype would integrate Microsoft's algorithm rather than what they brought over. So I use skype-out for my international calling and now I use yahoo for my video chatting where I can.
- —Guest Crosby
- I do not know why they kill so much people with Skype!'s A lot of years my friends using Yahoo! Messenger, and now are crazy! I personally love most Yahoo! is very simple to use, while Skype only works! I like Yahoo! video and voice calls of course! Full HD is everything to me! But that depends on what your webcam or microphone using the other person!
Conclusion Yahoo! is the best and hottest
- —Guest Al3XXuTZUU
- Just like everything else associated with Microsoft...Skype falls short of being as functional as Yahoo Messenger!!
- —Guest Rick
Skype Vs. Yahoo Messenger
- Skype is so much better than Yahoo. I can show my friends my screen, talk to them, use three way video calling and more. It's absolutely the best way for work and talking to friends. If you don't like it then fine, I'm just saying that it's a lot better based on my uses.
- —Guest Ezio
Skype vs. Yahoo
- I have been a long time user of both Skype and Yahoo! Messenger and both have been pretty reliable. Skype has good audio and video quality, while I have noticed with Yahoo Messenger that the audio sounds like it skips or the audio stops for a second or two, making the person's speech sound like it does not make sense (like when a cell phone call cuts out). I like Yahoo for the free text messaging feature, whereas with Skype, you have to buy credits. All in all, I think both messengers are pretty good, but I personally prefer Skype.
- —Guest clutchxp
- during call, both are more or less same in quality. But when it comes to text chatting skype lies faaaar behind yahoo messenger. Skype updates the contact's status very slowly. You have to send a dummy message to a contact to check if he is online or not.. etc. I prefer yahoo messenger. Skype is nothing, just a ................
- —Guest Aqeel
Skype Vs. Yahoo Messenger
- Skype has better video, shows more motion. Yahoo is a little cheaper since they don't charge a connection fee per call as Skype does. Both get the job done. Not a hell of a lot of difference. I use Yahoo to call land telephones in Italy. It is cheaper than Skype but not by much. Both are good vehicles, neither is perfect. Been using internet telephony since the 90's, it keeps getting better and better.
- —Guest Garuccio